Changing encryption backend (discussion)

Nicolas Graves ngraves at ngraves.fr
Thu Jan 19 10:57:01 UTC 2023

On 2023-01-18 14:00, Louis Bettens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There already exists a fork of Pass that uses age as a backend.[1] Thus
> there's no point in reinventing that in our branch.
>
> I will add that although Age has a lot going for it, I like my setup and
> will keep using OpenPGP and thus GPG pass for the foreseeable future.
> Therefore I will follow and contribute to a GPG branch. Feel free to try
> out passage though.
>
> [1] https://github.com/FiloSottile/passage
>
> On 18.01.23 10:16, pass-maillinglist at artursterz.de wrote:

There is still one thing to do for age-compatibility I believe.

The emacs extension doesn't take into account the possibility that files
might end in .age instead of .gpg.

I have made a patch to introduce an option to change that, which doesn't
have answers nor reviews to this day.

https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/password-store/2022-October/004659.html

Thanks if you can review this quickly.

--