[PhotoFloat] PhotoFloat Needs Some Lovin'

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed May 22 13:31:25 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

PhotoFloat is a great project, but it's fallen by the wayside in
recent years as I've been distracted by other things. But its codebase
is still fairly clean, and it's used everyday on numerous sites and
works well. I get quite a few emails every week with folks who enjoy
using it who also have some suggestions or questions about it. It's
time that I get things up to speed again.

The first step is migrating this mailing list from the old horrible
google groups (where you were previously subscribed) over to here --
<http://lists.zx2c4.com>. Post any new messages to
<photofloat at lists.zx2c4.com>.

What I'm especially interested to hear on this list is a good general
summary thread of the features folks want. I've heard various
proposals for additional metadata, touch gestures, and authentication.

In fact, authentication support is kind of already half baked into
PhotoFloat. I need to document it, as well as merge a new module over
from the zx2c4-deployment git branch, but it's been running in
production for me for a while, so expect this to be the first big
addition to PhotoFloat.

As always, the project page is here:
<http://zx2c4.com/projects/photofloat/>. This site design will also
receive a revamp in the coming weeks. Stay tuned, and let me know what
sorts of things you'd like added/changed.

Jason