[PhotoFloat] documentation / guidance for setup of authentication with uwsgi and floatapp?

Dennis Ortsen dortsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:47:33 CET 2014

Hi guys,

I came across this project and it looks exactly the thing I’m searching for. I’m running the scanner as I write this message. I’m not to fond of serving my photo’s on a webserver without authentication, so I’d like to use the server side authentication very much :-)

This past weekend I’ve moved from apache to nginx, apart from some hiccups my owncloud and wordpress sites are running fine. I had good hopes that setting up the authentication bit for PhotoFloat would be an easy drop in, like cloning the repository, running make and symlinking some directories. But it turns out that Ubuntu’s uwsgi default installation (with the python plugin) isn’t suited for floatapp’s authentication.

Would someone please help me get authentication working? I’m running Ubuntu 14.04.1 with nginx.

Thanks in advance,

Br.

Dennis