[PhotoFloat] Exif Errors

Dennis Ortsen dortsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:31:02 CET 2015

What are the error’s you’re seeing?

I’ve had a few myself when starting with PhotoFloat. A patch from Tom Talpey helped me out:

http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/photofloat/2014-December/000066.html <http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/photofloat/2014-December/000066.html>

With the diversity of camera’s and misuse (or should I say innocent ignorance) of people using those camera’s, exif information is easily out of order. For instance: I discovered that my parents have been taking pictures with some Nikon pocket camera without ever setting date and time on that device. When I started using PhotoFloat a few month’s ago, it failed to create the first albums because dates in exif were all zeros. PhotoFloat failed on that. Tom Tally’s patch fixed that for me. Don’t know about your issue though, it’s worth the try.