[PhotoFloat] Is there a way to control the order of displayed photos in an album?

Martin Kos martin at kos.li
Mon May 4 15:19:29 CEST 2015

Dear Martin

Thanks for the answer. But as Jason already wrote, yes, files are
ordered according their EXIF date. That is what i expected and what
works like it should.

I think i was unclear, it's not about the order of the files, but the
order of the albums/directories. What date is there used?  I have
changed the mtimes of the folders, but don't see the json files being
updated accordingly.

Greets
 KoS

On 04.05.2015 15:14, Martin Dimitrov wrote:> I think photofloat is
deciding the order according to the timestamp in
> the EXIF data . You can use utility like exiftool to update the
> timestamp in your files and then when you run photofloat the change will
> be automatically detected and image 'reordered'.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> On 05/04/2015 02:57 PM, Martin Kos wrote:
>> which files do I need to delete after changing the mtime so that the
>> cache gets recreated the "right" way? I have changed the mtime of my
>> folders in the "root" folder, but I suppose i need to delete some (or
>> all) JSON files that are "below" the changed folders?
>>
>> greets
>>  KoS
>>
>> On 22.01.2015 10:19, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>>> They use exif date, if it exists, and otherwise fall back to file mtime.
>>>
>>> On Jan 22, 2015 7:52 AM, "John Griessen"
>>> <john at industromatic.com
>>> <mailto:john at industromatic.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Is there a way to control the order of displayed photos in an album?
>>>
>>>     They seem to be in order of processing times.  I'd like to be able
>>>     to rearrange the order.
>>>     Can that be done by filenames?

Martin Kos                                       +41-76-384-93-33
http://kos.li        Say NO to HTML in mail         ICQ# 13556143
                Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux