Sorting albums

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Tue Nov 13 14:31:49 CET 2018

On 12 Nov 2018, at 15:22, Michel Lavoie wrote:
> Is there a predetermined way to change the default sorting order in
> the
> albums view? By default it sorts by date of modification (latest
> first),
> but my albums are named by date so I'd rather make it alphabetical.

Not that I know of in the stock photofloat.

> If not, could I propose a patch with a new configuration variable in
> app.py?

There’s nothing that stops you, but there is (currently) no organized
system for accepting patches (that I know of).

There’s three “versions” of photofloat that I know of;

  * Jason’s stock photofloat: <https://git.zx2c4.com/PhotoFloat/>

  * My “fork” that incorporates a lot of the patches that’s been
sent on the mailing lists, together with some of my own patches:
<https://git.jocke.no/photofloat/?h=patches>

  * Paolo’s fork with a lot of changes:
<https://github.com/paolobenve/myphotoshare>

There’s been some “controversy” around Paolo’s fork (due to
adding PHP that even had some security issues in the beginning, and also
making it somewhat “bloated” compared to the simplicity of the stock
version), but it has a lot of improvements that the stock version
doesn’t have. Some of these improvements are pure technical
improvements (fixing bugs, imperfections, etc), but some of them are
visual changes (that some might like, and some might not). Personally I
like some of them, but not all of them, and for the time being I’ve
stuck with my own “fork”.

Maybe Jason should consider moving his version to GitHub (or GitLab), so
it would be easier to accept/incorporate patches/PRs? (at which point I
could remove “my” version/fork). If not, I’ll probably move my
version there, so it’s easier to collaborate. Any thoughts, Jason?

--
Joachim