[WireGuard] wg set - unexpected change of routes

Ivan Labáth labawi-wg at matrix-dream.net
Tue Aug 30 08:44:54 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have noticed that adding a route (allowedips) to a peer
automatically removes any such route from other peers,
as has been explained in some email.

It seems to me as unexpected behaviour, as I wouldn't expect
the configuration of a peer to be (silently) affected when
changing the configuration of another peer.

I think repeating subnets in different peers is most probably
an error and in such circumstances the most useful action would
be to fail and report it as such.

Result of an attempt at something similar:

linux ~ # ip route add 172.16.0.0/12 via 127.0.0.1
linux ~ # ip route add 172.16.0.0/12 via 127.0.0.2
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Regards,
Ivan Labáth