openwrt route_allowed_ips is inprecise

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Mon Dec 19 14:06:02 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 01:32:31PM +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Jörg Thalheim <joerg at higgsboson.tk> wrote:
> > What do you mean be precise? Is there a bug in the other logic apart from
> > probably unnecessary routes?
>
> Performance will suffer unnecessarily.

Please provide numbers.  I would be very surprised if a few redundant
routes have any performance impact, given that the kernel can handle 600k
routes without major issues.

As far as I can see, your argument is more about "(pure) technical
correctness" than about performance.  For the OpenWRT proto, I believe
that simplicity of the code is a more important factor, even if it means a
few redundant routes in some corner cases.  These routes do not hurt
functionality.

Baptiste