openwrt route_allowed_ips is inprecise

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Dec 20 05:33:11 CET 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:38 AM, Dan Luedtke <mail at danrl.com> wrote:
> No objection but a remark: It is now even more complex and I think shell script is not the right solution.

This is *not* a complex algorithm and can be implemented correctly in
shell. It's on my list for tomorrow to actually clean that up.

> This is pretty straightforward with netlink

No, it's much less straight-forward with raw netlink. Raw netlink
involves hundreds of lines of code to do anything at all. A real mess.
Fortunately there are wrapper libraries you can use from various
languages to make it easier.

> Regarding LEDE, netifd should track the routes being added and the extra routes do not really do harm.

Alright then...

Speaking of netifd, did you ever fix that netifd issue with the IP dependency?