[ANNOUNCE] Snapshot `0.0.20161223` Available

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Dec 23 21:22:54 CET 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still don't understand what the change to AI_ADDRCONFIG means/does.
>
> Are you saying fe80:: addresses are useful?

This is just on the tools. Sometimes people like to specify IP
addresses in their config files for endpoints of peers:

[Peer]
PublicKey=ABCDE
Endpoint=[2607:5300:61:14f::c05f:543]:24444

And then they like to call `wg setconf` early on in their init scripts
to parse the config file and setup the interface.

I pass all endpoints to getaddrinfo, regardless of whether or not its
an IP or a hostname, since getaddrinfo is good at deciding what's what
and what to do. The problem before was that getaddrinfo would refuse
to parse v6 addresses if there wasn't an interface with a v6 address.
Removing AI_ADDRCONFIG fixes that.

https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/commit/?id=bfe364e18364cdd9a1cb6fa545a3240c93a33c83