[WireGuard] debian packaging [was: Re: The Distro Package Maintainers Thread]

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Jul 1 18:40:00 CEST 2016

On Thu 2016-06-30 11:03:12 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I'm going to be publishing debian packaging at:
>
>   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/wireguard.git

OK, the master branch on the above repo contains debian packaging,
including a dkms configuration:

   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/wireguard.git/tree/debian/wireguard-dkms.dkms

Of which the following two lines at least might be useful if you want to
include dkms config upstream:

-----
# requires kernel 4.1 or greater:
BUILD_EXCLUSIVE_KERNEL="^(4\.[^0]|[5-9])"
-----

I've tested the package and it works.  The package should make its way
to the debian NEW queue shortly:

  https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

and after it is vetted by debian's ftp-masters, it should propagate to
experimental.

The debian bug report tracking this package is:

   https://bugs.debian.org/829107

Regards,

        --dkg