[WireGuard] OpenWRT package for wireguard

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jul 2 12:27:54 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 01:24:23PM +0200, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am working on an OpenWRT/LEDE package for wireguard.  It's mostly done,
> but I want to test it before pushing it to the repositories.  Hopefully, I
> will be able to do that this week-end.

Here is a working version:

  https://github.com/zorun/packages-1/blob/wireguard/net/wireguard/Makefile

However, you have to manually select needed kernel symbols in `make
kernel_menuconfig`, which is very annoying.  If you want to give it a try,
look for these symbols:

    +CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=m
    +CONFIG_IPV6=y
    +CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
    +CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED=y
    +CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=m
    +CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_HASHLIMIT=m
    +CONFIG_NET_FOU=m
    +CONFIG_NET_IP_TUNNEL=m
    +CONFIG_NET_UDP_TUNNEL=m

I guess that's the price to pay for being out-of-tree.  I will have a look
at how to improve this situation (maybe integrating the kernel module
directly in Lede/OpenWRT?).

Baptiste