[WireGuard] Using wireguard link as a proxy?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 22 18:13:13 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 17:30:37 +0200,
  "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

>$ ip rule add to 1.2.3.4 lookup main pref 30
>$ ip rule add to all lookup 80 pref 40
>$ ip route add default dev wg0 table 80

OK. That is more or less what I am doing.

I was trying to name the routing table because I saw that people were doing
that, but doing that in an idempotent way seems like it will require a hack.
I'm going to just try using a table number like you do to see if that avoids
the problem.

The other issue I am seeing is that the default route generated for the wlan
connection specifies a gateway in addition to the interface, and it looks
like routing is checked for the gateway rather than assuming it is at the
speficied interface because it looks like the routing doesn't work if
I don't add the wlan route to the wg routing table. I'm going to do some
more testing around that.