[WireGuard] Header / MTU sizes for Wireguard

jens jens at viisauksena.de
Tue Jul 26 21:42:41 CEST 2016

hi,

we are succesfully built an alternative for our tincd backbone with
wireguard (and on top l2tpv3/batv15).

with iperf we get up to 500Mbs on l2tpv3 level.. (upto 700 on pure
wireguard)

for optimization we need to know more and better about the used header,
the possible data-size per packet-header to increase throuhput with all
the other layers.

Do you know your headersize, or some more easy details in
headersize/packetsize...

where does the default mtu of 1423 come from

thx jens

--
make the world nicer, please use PGP encryption