[WireGuard] The Distro Package Maintainers Thread

Jason A. Donenfeld zx2c4 at gentoo.org
Thu Jun 30 20:32:22 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

Thanks for the super helpful responses.

For versioning of tags, I'll go with "experimental/0.0.$(date
+%Y%d%m)". You can then do whatever you'd like with regard to version
numbers, so long as it contains the 0.0.YYYYMMDD somewhere. I've
already tagged the first one for testing:

https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/experimental/0.0.20160630.tar.xz

Zorun -- to answer your question: cgit turns snapshots into tarballs
automatically. (It also evidently imposes that directory scheme on the
tarball; Christian -- we'll discuss this oddness on the cgit list.)

I'll be signing the git tags with the public key on wireguard.io.

It seems like we've converged on the split packages wireguard-tools
and wireguard-dkms/kmod-wireguard. Sounds good to me.

I'll get a Gentoo ebuild cooking with the new snapshot. Looking
forward to seeing the other packages!

Yay!