[WireGuard] Wireguard on OpenWRT/LEDE (here: Luci)

Dan Lüdtke mail at danrl.com
Tue Nov 1 21:57:12 CET 2016

Thanks for the fast reply!

Changes applied. See diff here:
--> https://github.com/danrl/luci-proto-wireguard/commit/6f90ff4ecc21f39721b3da357962c0ebe0d20750

Screenshots updated.

> On 1 Nov 2016, at 21:09, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>
> 3. "addresses.placeholder = "fd00:13:37::1/64"" -- might be nice to
> give a v4 example too.

Not a big fan of legacy IP in new software. Also, Not sure how to have multiple placeholders. If anyone knows a clean solution: Count me in. In the meantime I'd prefer IP over legacy IP here.

> 9. ${iface} should be quoted -- "${iface}"

Where exactly? So I quoted all I could find. Should be fine now?!

> 11. The existing logic for adding a device is to add it if it doesn't
> exist, and otherwise to flush the addresses. Is it a good idea to
> flush the routes too? Or simply delete and re-add? Or is a simple
> flush of the addresses standard LEDE behavior? I'll defer to Baptiste
> (CC'd) on this.

Not sure either. Also, anyone knows it OpenWRT and LEDE will join after the c-base talks? Will commit to openwrt on github. Everyone is free to copy from there.

> 14.
> - allowed_ips=$(echo $allowed_ips | tr ' ' ',')
> + allowed_ips="$(echo "$allowed_ips" | tr ' ' ',')"

I went with multiple AllowedIPs= lines now, introduced early October.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Dan