[WireGuard] Seeking Ubuntu PPA Maintainer

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Nov 16 15:09:20 CET 2016

Hi Egbert,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Egbert Verhage <egbert at eggiecode.org> wrote:
> Going to update the PPA to remove my disable of AVX2.

Good. Can you remove this garbage immediately:
https://git.launchpad.net/wireguard/tree/debian/patches/update-hard-disable-patch-to-upstream
https://git.launchpad.net/wireguard/tree/debian/patches/0001-disable-hard-avx2

There are two principles I would like to see adamantly applied before
I'll endorse this PPA:

1. Stay as close to vanilla upstream snapshots as possible. Do not
have patches that differ from Debian's too much. If you need changes,
consult the very active and very willing upstream instead.
2. Only package snapshots. Do not choose your own git commits.

Are these two things you're willing to do?

Thanks,