[Qt-creator] Qt Creator for Linux Kernel Development

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:58:26 CET 2016

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> (A) Qt Creator doesn't seem to parse the C correctly. Things like
> designated initializers and a few other C features here and there just
> don't get parsed correctly, and the IDE stops being useful. I suspect
> this is because things are actually being parsed in C++ mode. Bummer.
> Developers: any interest in improving C support in Qt Creator?

Which version do you use? Designated initializers support was added in 3.2 (
c56b999ffff249d4cb7dc7e8026a3297b63ff56d).

I now see that the members are not detected correctly (for e.g. Find
Usages), but parsing looks ok.

(B) There is no way to tell Qt Creator that a particular header file
> is included in every file -- that is, that gcc's "-include" is in use.
> There is a way of messing with the "C++ Code Model" on a file-by-file
> basis, for the duration of the time that the file is open, but no way
> to automatically have it included in every file of the project. This
> is a major hindrance. It means that every ifdef for every kconfig
> option is a grayed out unclickable region, rendering most things
> useless. Developers: any interest in fixing this? I spoke to a few of
> you in IRC several months ago about this, and there was interest, but
> it seems to have evaporated.

You can set PRECOMPILED_HEADER = header.h in your pro file. It should be
applied to all sources.

- Orgad