DKMS build failure on kernel 3.13 (Ubuntu 14.04)

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon.fernyhough at york.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 13:39:19 CEST 2017

On 11/04/17 12:26, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey Jonathon,
>
> 3.13, as released from kernel.org, does not have this function, which
> is why it's "defined" in the compat.h. It appears you're using
> somebody's insane backport. It wouldn't surprise me if Canonical
> decided to try and maintain 3.13 past kernel.org's maintenance. Is
> this the latest kernel in 14.04?
>
> Regards,
> Jason

3.13 is 14.04's 'official' kernel. They do have the 16.04 kernel
available (4.4) for 14.04 which I've been using successfully with wireguard.

They do indeed maintain these kernels beyond mainline's EOL (instead of
sticking with one of the LTS versions for their... LTS release).
Thankfully 4.4 is an LTS version so 16.04 is in a better default position.

It's easy enough to work around if this is out-of-scope for wireguard,
which it sounds like it is.