FR: interface ListenAddress (Aka:Multihomed server issue)

Jan De Landtsheer jan.delandtsheer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:10:24 CEST 2017

basically this is what happens:
client connects to 134.56.78.5:443
wg show gives:
peer 111.22.33.25:443

 +----------------------+

                                      +----------------+      client

                                      |                |   81.82.222.111/18
(fixed IP)
                                  XXXX++XX             |

                            XXXXXX        XXX
 +----------------------+
                          XX  X              XX
                          X     internet      X          client config:
                          X X                XX            [interface]
                               XX           XX             peer
134.56.78.5:443
               111.22.33.26/30  |XXX      XX
                default gateway |   XXXXXXX

                                |                        after connect:
                     UPLINK     |                        wg show
                                |                          peer
111.22.33.25:443

            +-------------------+-------------------+
            |    eth1:111.22.33.25/30               |
            |       router  = wg server             |
            |    eth0: 134.56.78.1/24 deft gw for 134.56.78.0/24
            |    eth0: 134.56.78.5/24 a free ip with open port for 443 (wg
destination)

134.56.78.0/24

no nat at all in this setup only some firewall filtering

Jan