What are the options for stopping and starting?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Dec 4 19:37:53 CET 2017

Hi Aaron,

Yes, removing the link should disable it. But that's overkill. Assuming I
want to leave the device in place, and the IP assignments there for
subsequent use by WireGuard, is there a simple way to shut WireGuard off,
without tearing down more than required?

If I'm running a VPN on a tun or tap device, for instance, I don't have to
remove the device to turn the VPN software off. I'm looking for the minimal,
not maximal, way to do that with WireGuard -- the equivalent to shutting
down a daemon in user space.

Thanks,
Whit