File Encryption with WireGuard

Ferris Ellis ferris at ferrisellis.com
Tue Dec 5 15:48:24 CET 2017

Hi Mytril,

From my understanding of WireGuard (others on the mailing list feel free to correct me):

1. This is not in any way a function WireGuard offers nor related to the projects goals.
2. If you had another program which used Curve25519 keys it could theoretically use the keys from two WireGuard clients, but that’s outside the scope of WireGuard and also likely not a very secure practice.

Perhaps you should look into using GPG for this. Here’s the documentation page on encrypting and decrypting documents using GPG:
https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual/x110.html

Cheers,
Ferris