(Unofficial) wireguard packages for Debian Stretch (testing)

David Anderson dave at natulte.net
Sat Feb 11 10:49:36 CET 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Mellow yellow,
>
> That's a great idea. Do you intend to track dkg's sid package more or
> less faithfully?

In that package repository, I intend to track the sid package exactly. If I
ever take up hacking on wireguard, I'll use a separate repository for any
modified versions.

If so, I'd be happy to advertise this on the
> wireguard.io/install/ page, since I'm sure a lot of people (including
> myself!) would benefit immensely from that.

Cool! I'll see about setting up debian stable as well.

> Could you send some bulletproof instructions -- 3 or 4 lines of
> commands like what's there currently -- and I'll put it on the site?

The instructions you have on there now are fine if you're okay with
packagecloud's shell script. Manual instructions that work are:

sudo apt-get install -y apt-transport-https linux-headers-amd64 curl
curl -L https://packagecloud.io/danderson/wireguard/gpgkey | sudo apt-key
add -
echo "deb https://packagecloud.io/danderson/wireguard/debian/ stretch main"
| sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wireguard.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y wireguard-dkms wireguard-tools

Note that right now, only amd64 packages are available. If you think
there's demand for Debian on 32-bit x86, I can set up i386 builders as well.

- Dave