(Unofficial) wireguard packages for Debian Stretch (testing)

David Anderson dave at natulte.net
Sat Feb 11 22:38:08 CET 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Baptiste Jonglez <
baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 03:48:59AM -0800, David Anderson wrote:
> > Okay, I've set up a Debian stable builder as well... However, Debian
> stable
> > has a 3.16 kernel, and wireguard-dkms requires >=3.18, so installation
> > fails. Assuming 3.18 is a hard lower-bound on kernel versions, it looks
> > like jessie will never run in-kernel wireguard. Fortunately it'll be moot
> > in a few months when stretch becomes the new stable.
>
> Jessie-backports has linux 4.9, so it's probably much simpler to require
> users to install this.

Oh, excellent! I'll leave the jessie builder running then.

Jason: I'll get back to you once I've looked into setting up builds for
arm, to see how to revise the instructions. Given that each distro version
is likely to be slightly different, perhaps it'd be better to just link to
a readme on packagecloud.io, to avoid cluttering the install instructions
on wireguard.io?

- Dave