[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard in Rust development started

Sascha Grunert saschagrunert at icloud.com
Tue Feb 21 12:48:26 CET 2017

Hey folks,

It is great to hear that we can start with the development of the Rust version of WireGuard!

The repository can be found here: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-rs/
A GitHub mirror does also exist: https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-rs

I suggest do use the mailing list and the GitHub features for issue handling and discussions.

What do we have for now: I added some initial implementation example which uses tokio.rs
(https://tokio.rs) and a custom device handling. You can try it out by doing:

```
$ cargo test
$ nc -u 127.0.0.1 8080
Hello world
```

For testing purposes it creates a dummy interface in /tmp where the incoming traffic will be
redirected to this interface. Incoming traffic from this interface should be sent to the client.

As next steps we can make the server working and add device handling for other platforms as
well. :)

Best regards,
Sascha