[TOOL] wg-config graduates to src/tools, becomes wg-auto-config

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Jan 3 07:46:58 CET 2017

On Mon 2017-01-02 10:17:30 -0500, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>> Check out the man page, read the script --
>> https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/wg-auto-config -- and
>> please let me know what you think before I cut the next snapshot.
> Renamed:
> https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/wg-auto-config.bash

debian is unlikely to install this if it is expected to be named with a
.bash suffix:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s-scripts

>>> When scripts are installed into a directory in the system PATH, the
>>> script name should not include an extension such as .sh or .pl that
>>> denotes the scripting language currently used to implement it.

That said, i'm not sure what you want with this.  If the ultimate goal
is to have systemd-style .network files, you should ask for these
changes in systemd itself.  That's likely the cleanest approach.  If you
do this, please post a link here to the systemd github issue or pull
request. :)

If it's just "we want a configuration for wg, but with some common/handy
wrappers around /bin/ip", you could (a) fork and exec ip from wg itself
when running "wg setconf", or (b) name the wrapper something like
/usr/bin/wg+ip

        --dkg