Multiple Endpoints

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Jan 9 00:00:17 CET 2017

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> Please read Emmanuel's email more carefuly before being so assertive.
> His use-case was a client behind a stateful firewall, so if the server
> changes its IP address, roaming will not work.

I understand that use-case. And as I said before, most UDP stateful
firewalls allow changing remote IPs, so long as the dport/sport remain
the same.

> I merely pointed out that a stateful firewall is similar to a symmetric
> NAT, that is, both would cause issue with peer roaming.

Are you sure about this for UDP? I did a bunch of tests several months
ago, and was able to punch holes in a variety of stateful firewalls
with changing remote IPs.