limitations

Wasa Bee wasabee18 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 20:11:07 CET 2017

Hi

i've got 2 simple questions about WireGuard, correct me if I'm wrong:

- it is only over UDP. If so, is there ever going to be a TCP version? A
lot of applications that could benefit from WG use TCP. It does not seem
wise to expect programmers to implement a TCP-like layer (eg
retransmission, ack, etc) in userspace, is it? This would increase
complexity unnecessarily and would lead to vuln in practice...

- WG is implemented as a patch to the kernel or a kernel module? The reason
I ask is that when an update is available for WG, it would be good not to
have to replace the whole kernel, but only reload a patched WG module.
Also: if there are ongoing sessions with some clients, how would sessions
be re-established (afaik, the current design is to simply ignore irrelevant
messages)?

Thanks