[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20170115` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Jan 15 13:09:45 CET 2017
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20170115`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* tools: wg-quick: enforce good permissions
* tools: wg-quick: parse IPv6 endpoints correctly
* tools: wg-quick: better removal of suppress_prefix rule
The former is good practice, in the likes of SSH's warnings. The
latter two are bug fixes.
* tools: error on short ret reads
* tools: ipc: read from socket incrementally
* uapi: add missing userspace headers
* uapi: use flag instead of C bitfield for portability
* uapi: use sockaddr union instead of sockaddr_storage
This makes the UAPI a bit more portable across languages, which assists
with the Go implementation efforts.
* config: useless newline
* Use __read_mostly attribute when possible
General code quality improvements.
* ratelimiter: 800ms too fast, decrease to 2s sustained rate
There's no need to allow 800ms handshakes, when there's already bursting
and when more than 1 every 5 seconds is already too much, when under DoS.
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.io/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard