Debian-based configuration for wireguard

raul raulbe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:14:15 CEST 2017

> On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 11:30:20PM +0200, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> >* Hi,
> *> >* I wrote up some configuration I use for Wireguard on Debian:
> *> >*     https://wiki.debian.org/Wireguard#Configuration_on_Debian <https://wiki.debian.org/Wireguard#Configuration_on_Debian>
> *> >* The goal is to reuse functionalities from /etc/network/interfaces, which
> *>* is quite natural on Debian.  Simple use-cases like the point-to-point
> *>* tunnel don't need wg-quick at all.
> *
> Terrific, thanks! Indeed, having nice integration into OSs' native
> configuration interfaces is preferred.
>
> Jason

Just to offer another POV a utility like wg-quick is very useful when
orchestrating across Linux distributions by offering a standardized
interface to manage Wireguard networks.

It's user friendly and sets up routes automatically depending on the
/etc/wireguard/configuration. In a dynamic changing environment that's
useful to have or you will have to manage the routes manually.

Raul