About compression

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Jul 31 21:36:10 CEST 2017

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:10:39 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> especially contentious issue because of the history of complex and
> catastrophic interactions between compression and encryption (such as
> the CRIME and BREACH attacks against TLS).

Hmm, it just made it much more apparent.

Recently, nsa dismissed the elliptic curve crypto, however, even if I'm
not a mathematico-differencio-analyso-crypto god (but I compensate with
huge premonitions;), something is telling me it's because they can't
break it, compressed or not.

> What workload are you currently experiencing that would measurably
> benefit from having layer 3 compression?

It was more a generic question, somewhat linked to cell phone data
monthly quota, than something vital.

I take good note of your explanation and about what Daniel said,
which is quite logical (doing app level compression.)

Thanks to the both of you.

JY