multiple wireguard interface and kworker ressources

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Jun 14 16:05:27 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 9:52 AM, nicolas prochazka
<prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:
> after create of wg interface, kworker thread does not return to a
> normal state in my case,
> kernel thread continues to consume a lot of cpu .
> I must delete wireguard interface to kworker decrease.

So you're telling me that simply running:

for i in `seq 1 1000` ; do ip link add dev wg${i} type wireguard ; done

Will keep a kworker at 100% CPU, even after that command completes?
I'm unable to reproduce this here. Could you give me detailed
environmental information so that I can reproduce this precisely?
Something minimal and easily reproducable would be preferred.