Wireguard added to Alpine Linux

Stuart Cardall developer at it-offshore.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 22:49:53 CET 2017

Hi Jason,

Wireguard can be added to Alpine with:

apk add wireguard-tools

The appropriate kernel module for linux-grsecor linux-vanillawill be
installed automatically. On the server it is probably necessary to:

echo wireguard >>/etc/modules&& rc-update add modules boot

A wireguard user mentioned on irc earlier today that everything is
working perfectly.

To monitor releases @ Alpine we use https://release-monitoring.org/ - if
it doesn't pick up the changes I'll subscribe.

Many thanks for the comments & review -
see https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/948 - they are fixed in
https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/issues/954

If there is a step I was missing to correctly run `make check` I would
still like to run it in the future - perhaps it will pick up potential
issues from Alpine using musl libc (not glibc).

Kind Regards,

Stuart.