Ability to bind wireguard to specific interface / ip address

Damian Kaczkowski damian.kaczkowski at gmail.com
Fri May 5 11:34:20 CEST 2017

Hello Jason.

Currently wireguard binds by default to: 0.0.0.0:<ListenPort>

I want to bind to port 53. However I still want to run dnsmasq on LAN
interface. Currently it is not possible:

daemon.crit dnsmasq[1359]: failed to create listening socket for 10.7.7.1:
Address in use
daemon.crit dnsmasq[1359]: FAILED to start up

I want wireguard only on WAN interface / ip address.

This could be done by listening on some other port and mangling packets
with iptables, but this just does not go hand in hand with 'Simple &
Easy-to-use' wireguard policy ; ).

Could you consider implementing ability to select to which interface / ip
address bind to please?

Greets.
Damian