Ability to enable catch all allowed-ips on all peers

Damian Kaczkowski damian.kaczkowski at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:00:10 CEST 2017

Hello Jason.

I would like to enable allowed-ips 0.0.0.0/0 on all peers, cause I have a
scenario with multi-homed hosts where I would like to rely on firewall and
routes only instead of additional wireguard acls. Traffic is routed forth
and back via different interfaces thus I have to know which interface it's
gona come back and allow remote ips on few/all interfaces. Currently
wireguard applys catch all 0.0.0.0/0 allowed-ips only on one peer under wg
interface which is a no-go in such scenario.

This I think is also needed if one wants to build some dynamic routing on
top of wireguard connected nodes, isn't it?

Example wg output:

interface: wg2
  public key: <blank>
  private key: (hidden)
  preshared key: (hidden)
  listening port: 51821

peer: <blank>
  endpoint: <blank>
  allowed ips: (none)    <-------------------------------------------
  latest handshake: 34 seconds ago
  transfer: 1.16 KiB received, 736 B sent

peer: <blank>
  endpoint: <blank>
  allowed ips: (none)    <-------------------------------------------
  latest handshake: 34 seconds ago
  transfer: 888 B received, 552 B sent

peer: <blank>
  endpoint: <blank>
  latest handshake: 34 seconds ago
  transfer: 1.16 KiB received, 736 B sent

peer: <blank>
  endpoint: <blank>
  latest handshake: 1 day, 18 hours, 41 minutes, 34 seconds ago
  transfer: 4.30 KiB received, 3.12 KiB sent

Greets.
Damian