SSH stuck

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed May 10 21:00:33 CEST 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Bzzzz <lazyvirus at gmx.com> wrote:
> Correction: 4 bytes: from 1420 to 1416; done by a PostUp.

In the next snapshot, if your primary ethernet device has a
non-standard MTU, wg-quick will try to figure it out automatically and
adjust. However, if your end router (adsl modem, for example) is doing
something odd, you'll have to make this adjustment for yourself. Thus,
the next version of wg-quick will have also an MTU= directive.
Hopefully the snapshot will be out somewhat soon.

> I've also seen something that wasn't much expected:
> manually changing the MTU from 1418 to 1416 on the server,
> while VPN was on, also changed the IP address of the WG I/F:
>         inet addr:0.0.5.136     !(?)

That's totally bizarre. I'm guessing you just entered the wrong
command at some point. That's not wireguard-related code, anyhow.

>>> 1416 & 0xff
136
>>> 1416 >> 8
5