Performance of Wireguard on Infiniband 40G

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun May 14 01:45:22 CEST 2017

Hey again,

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> - Debian jessie
> - Linux 3.16.43-2

One small and unfortunate thought just occurred to me: the backporting
to really old kernels I'm pretty sure is way less efficient than newer
kernels on the RX, due to some missing core fast-path APIs in the old
kernels. In particular, I had to wrap the UDP layer with some nasty
hacks to get packets out, whereas newer kernels have an elegant API
for that which integrates in the right place. Just a thought... I
haven't actually done concrete measurements though.