Compatibiliyt issues between 0.0.20170115 and 0.0.20170517

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 18 21:39:48 CEST 2017

On Thu 2017-05-18 20:43:11 +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:

> Only use 0.0.20170517.

i think this was the first incompatible revision that has been released.
is that correct?

i know we're in early days with wireguard, and there's no guarantee of
protocol compatibility.  but i wonder whether we should signal
explicitly when there is an update that requires both sides to upgrade
at the same time.  Should i have put it in the NEWS file in the debian
package, for example?  Or are there other forms of signalling that we
should use to communicate this better?

         --dkg