openresolv dependency

Bert Vermeulen bert at biot.com
Mon May 22 01:13:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

Happy WireGuard user here. I use the PPA package on ubuntu, and I see
it's grown a dependency on openresolv. That's the convoluted horror also
known as resolvconf, and I really can't have it on my system. It likes
to overwrite my resolv.conf, randomly spawn thousands of zombies, and so on.

It's particularly disturbing that this means your tunnel endpoint's
server end now also gets resolvconf installed. You might almost make an
argument that it has uses on say a laptop, but not on anything with
static network configuration.

Can this dependency please be removed?

--
Bert Vermeulen