wg showconf

Markus Woschank markus.woschank+wg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 21:04:22 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm having a minor issue with the showconf command:
The configuration generated may change over time without any settings
changed on the interface, I noticed that peers without an endpoint set
suddenly have an endpoint setting in the output once they established
a handshake with the remote peer.

Is there a specific reason for this behaviour? If not, then I would
argue that showconf should reflect the settings used to configure the
interface and not the current state.

Having the output of showconf reflect the original configuration in a
deterministic way enables configuration/provisioning software to check
if the interface is in the desired state and only take action if it's
not - that would be very helpful at least to me.

Thanks Markus