roaming and ddns dynamic ip

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:53:39 CET 2017

Hi:
    I tried some setup for wireguard and found it may cause problem.
assume server has dynamic ip and has a static dns name
"ddns-server.example.com".

client.conf like below:
[Interface]
PrivateKey = ****
ListenPort = 51820
[Peer]
PublicKey = ****
Endpoint =  ddns-server.example.com:51820
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

if I use "wg setconf wg0 client.conf", then use "wg showconf wg0", result below:
[Interface]
ListenPort = 51820
PrivateKey = ****
[Peer]
PublicKey = ****
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = 1.1.1.1:51820

the "ddns-server.example.com" has translate to ip "1.1.1.1".

if later "ddns-server.example.com" change ip to "2.2.2.2", I wonder if
wireguard will try to resolve "ddns-server.example.com" again?  will
wireguard try to resolve  "ddns-server.example.com" again  when
connection is broken?

thanks a lot for help!!

Regards,
tbskyd