Should I expect faster recovery after one side goes down

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 27 18:33:54 CET 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 07:49:14 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:04:06 +0100,
> "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>>Hi Bruno,
>>
>>The first question is - how long?

This might be related to the amount or type of traffic backed up. The two
machines where this was very noticeable in testing had all of their traffic
routed through the tunnel other than the encapsulating packets. (DNS traffic
gets tunnelled.) Playing with this on my work machine where only traffic
destined for a few specific hosts was tunnelled, I am finding it hard to
duplicate the problem.