Should I expect faster recovery after one side goes down

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 28 07:13:06 CET 2017

I'm pretty sure I'm being bit by firewall rules on the router. It seems to
be rejecting all of the tunnel packets and it has no reason to try to
connect to the laptop the handshake never occurs again. I suspect that
normally a connection established related rule lets things through. I just
need to figure out how the start up packet is different so that it gets
through. The systemd iptables service eventually seems to stop. Probably
there is a DNS request that needs to timeout.
I do some source address rewriting and it may be that the initial addresses
used for the encapsulating packets are different than the ones later.
So most likely this is all on my end and not wireguard related.
Thanks for the tcpdump suggestion. I should have tried that sooner.