Should I expect faster recovery after one side goes down

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 28 09:42:37 CET 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 00:44:13 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

>I think the correct fix is to know if I reboot the router for testing
>something, I need to also restart wireguard to make sure it is sending
>data to the expected port. This isn't going to be an issue in normal
>operation.

I found a way to make it work more automatically. The reason the port
was getting reassigned was because the original connection packet was
being tracked and was conflicting with the source nat mapping even though
in reallity the connection was the same. By putting in CT --notrack rules
I was able to block that traking and without the conflict the port doesn't
get remapped. I don't need tracking or the original connection for my
firewall rules so this should be OK. On testing it seems to work as
expected. Now when I reboot my router, my laptop reconnects and the wireguard
tunnel works without having to restart it.