[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20171017` Available
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Oct 17 19:32:11 CEST 2017
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20171017`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.
== Changes ==
* noise: handshake constants can be read-only after init
* noise: no need to take the RCU lock if we're not dereferencing
* send: improve dead packet control flow
* receive: improve control flow
* socket: eliminate dead code
* device: our use of queues means this check is worthless
* device: no need to take lock for integer comparison
* blake2s: modernize API and have faster _final
* compat: support READ_ONCE
* compat: just make ro_after_init read_mostly
Assorted cleanups to the module, including nice things like marking our
precomputations as const.
* Makefile: even prettier output
* Makefile: do not clean before cloc
* selftest: better test index for rate limiter
* netns: disable accept_dad for all interfaces
Fixes in our testing and build infrastructure. Now works on the 4.14 rc
* qemu: add build-only target
* qemu: work on ubuntu toolchain
* qemu: add more debugging options to main makefile
* qemu: simplify shutdown
* qemu: open /dev/console if we're started early
* qemu: phase out bitbanging
* qemu: always create directory before untarring
* qemu: newer packages
* qemu: put hvc directive into configuration
This is the beginning of working out a cross building test suite, so we do
several tricks to be less platform independent.
* tools: encoding: be more paranoid
* tools: retry resolution except when fatal
* tools: don't insist on having a private key
* tools: add pass example to wg-quick man page
* tools: style
* tools: newline after warning
* tools: account for padding being in zero attribute
Several important tools fixes, one of which suppresses a needless warning.
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the WireGuard