Timing issue (?) with wg-quick up on Raspberry Pi B+

Jim Darby uberscubajim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:35:54 CEST 2017

Nailed it!

Specifically, you were spot on about the /etc/default/ifplugd file and
its HOTPLUG_INTERFACES line. Changing that to HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="eth0
eth1" meant that it just worked out of the box.

In fact, I suspect that eth0 could be omitted because it's part of the
hardware (eth1 is a USB dongle so hotplugging may be useful). I'd prefer
a way to specifically /exclude/ wg* interfaces rather then include the
known ones but that may be too complex.

I hope this discussion and its solution will be a useful part of the
WireGuard documentation. It'll hopefully stop others becoming confused
in the future.

Many thanks for your help in resolving this! I'm very much enjoying
playing with WireGuard. I heard about it during your talk at FOSDEM by
the way.

Regards,

Jim.