wg-ip, a tool to assign automatic ip addresses to wireguard interfaces

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Apr 14 00:25:03 CEST 2018

Hi Chirstophe,

Thanks for writing this. Very cool work. As part of GSoC this summer,
Martin (CC'd) is going to be working on a dynamic provisioning
protocol over IPv6. One of the things we'll be investigating is
whether it's best to derive a v6 address from a public key or whether
it's best to make these separate/unrelated and share them alongside
the public key. While the former is much more elegant, a significant
problem is choosing the right behavior and assessing the security
concerns with collisions. Do let me know if you'd like to join in the
fun in trying to work out those problems. It looks to me like you've
already begun with this nice tool here.