Broadcast on wireguard

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chmd at chmd.fr
Wed Apr 18 11:40:05 CEST 2018

Hi list,

Maybe the answer is obvious to some of you, but I don't quite
understand why wireguard does not support broadcasting, and I found no
clear explanation in the archive. In fact, this [1] seems to indicate
that implementing it would be doable, so I am wondering why this has
not been done.

Could anyone explain - roughly - why this is the case? Is it for
security reasons? Performance? Complexity of implementation? Lack of
interest?

Another possibility could be that my question is just poorly asked or
irrelevant, in that case I would also appreciate a hint :-)

Best,
Christophe-Marie

[1]: https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-December/000813.html