wireguardctrl: Go package that enables control of WireGuard devices on multiple platforms

Matt Layher mdlayher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:16:49 CEST 2018

Hi all,

It's been a couple of weeks since my previous thread, so I wanted to
follow up with a new one now that my Go package has a new name and an
extended scope:

https://github.com/mdlayher/wireguardctrl

wireguardctrl is a Go package that abstracts away the WireGuard kernel,
userspace, and any future OS-specific interfaces.

At this point, I've got all of the device and peer retrieval
functionality done, but I still need to implement device peer
configuration for both the kernel and userspace interfaces.  There are a
couple issues open around this topic.

I think this package is at a point where I'd feel comfortable having
folks try it out and see what happens.  I've got some integration tests
hooked up in Travis CI for both the kernel and userspace modules, and it
seems to work well!  My next plan is to consider building some kind of
one-shot utility for setting up a tunnel by running a small program on
two machines.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to reach out here or on IRC for any
questions.

- Matt Layher

PS: Jason, if you do end up making a language bindings page for the
website, I'd still like this package to be listed there!  I also found
the beginnings of a Python library today: https://github.com/apognu/wgctl.