binary module for arch?

John graysky at archlinux.us
Mon Dec 31 17:11:30 CET 2018

Our package manager, pacman, will display optional dependencies to
users/most known to inspect the output.

My recommendation is to change the wording under the command on your
install page to something like: "Users of the distro provided kernels
(linux and linux-lts) may download the requisite corresponding
precompiled wireguard module. Users of custom kernels will require the
wireguard-dkms package and corresponding kernel headers to compile the
module."

For your info, example pacman output that most Arch users will be
accustom to reading upon installation of the wireguard-tools package:

% sudo pacman -S wireguard-tools
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) wireguard-tools-0.0.20181218-2

Total Installed Size:  0.21 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
[#############################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity
[#############################] 100%
[#############################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
[#############################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) installing wireguard-tools
Optional dependencies for wireguard-tools
    openresolv: for DNS functionality [installed]
    wireguard-dkms: wireguard module, built by dkms
    wireguard-arch: wireguard module for linux
    wireguard-lts: wireguard module for linux-lts
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Reloading system manager configuration...
(2/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...